Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Origins

When I was naming my business, Lynnmoncello Flavor and Style Origins, I chose the word origins because I felt compelled to pay homage to the foods, recipes, and ideas that spur my own creative concepts and inspirations.  I glean inspiration from old world cuisine and cooking techniques as well as our modern takes on them.  When I am planning a recipe, sometimes I am just adjusting a dish to my personal taste or I am creating something that I have never seen before.  Often these new dishes are inspired because I am contemplating what to do with an unfamiliar ingredient, craving something different, or in response to a client’s needs or requests.  When I meet clients who are planning special events, I strive to give them my interpretation of their favorite ideas in order to make their event just as special as they are themselves.  The challenge to create something personal and unique is what origins is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment